Monday, January 7, 2013

Weight Watchers and Wedding Plans


 
Well, my little brother is getting married in about 9 months. I am one of two girls in the wedding and I am going to try my damndest to not look like a whale in my pretty pool colored dress. You know what makes this even more difficult for me? The maid of honor looks like Tinkerbelle. She’s a teeny tiny little thing standing at about 5 foot 2 inches. Then there is me, at 5 foot 9 inches and 6 foot in heels certainly not petite in any way. On top of the fact that MOH is pregnant and will deliver her baby in June, she will still look better than me in October after my 9 months of dieting. This should be amusing. I feel very pretty in my dress and its super comfortable as long as I’m not standing next to Jess.

But 9 months is a long time. Many people I know have had great success with Weight Watchers. WW has offered my employer an amazing option of being able to offer us employees the ability to join with no joiner fee and a discount on our monthly membership. It was too easy to say yes and sign up. I used the excuse before that I didn’t want to pay for it because it was $70 to sign up and for the first month. But only paying $16 a month? There were no excuses left. So I joined and I am super excited about it.

I have a close friend that has been a member for quite some time so I can always bounce questions off her since she goes to the actual real people meetings as opposed to my online membership.

I spent 5 hours in my kitchen yesterday planning, washing, cleaning, cutting, cooking, packaging and calculating my entire weeks’ worth of food.  I’m not going to change my dinner meals too much because that would be forcing my family to also submit to meals they might not be so keen on. I also want to make sure that I am sticking to our weekly grocery budget and not only buying food for myself. So that shopping trip was a little tricky. I’m sure it will get easier the longer I am with the program.

I also joined Zumba. Two nights a week for an hour each night. My first class was last Thursday evening and I am fully willing to admit that I was terrified. I have not actively worked out at all in about 4 years. Bike rides here and there and the occasional whorl on the treadmill for a few weeks is about all I have done. Being in a class of women of all shapes and sizes, all ages and all abilities was very encouraging. It also made me keep moving even when I wanted to stop and I would have if I was at home doing a workout. So I’m hoping this mild winter will also give me the option of a few nice days to be able to take a bike ride with my little guy just to move around on my days off Zumba.

Oh, that reminds me, I need to take monthly pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I used to do WW and loved it! My dh and I plan to start up again after our move. Good luck with your goals! You will look beautiful on your brother's wedding day whether you loose weight or not. ~dlemon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!! And you'll look beautiful at the wedding no matter what.

    ReplyDelete