Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January Un-Blues


 

A lot of people get the blues in January. Not me. I love it. The craziness of the holiday season is over. I have a few gift cards to spend. The plans with friends dwindle down to once every few weeks instead of something every weekend. We get back into a healthy eating routine, and my family hibernates in sweats and hoodies, under blankets watching tv cuddled up on the couch with a very often loudly snoring bulldog.

Plus the chances of snow get higher this time of year too. I love the snow. Not so much going out and playing in it anymore, but getting the little guy dressed and all toasty, then making him hot chocolate when he comes in and his cute little face is all red. I love seeing my mom’s old wooden drying rack we always used growing up, set up in my dining room in front of the heater vent drying everything out for the next round of snow play. The lunches on these days always taste better too. Something about grilled cheese and homemade soup on snowy days makes me happy. I cook a lot on days that it snows. Thankfully for the most part if the little guy is off school my work is closed too.  But considering the temperatures here recently, we won’t be getting any of the white stuff any time soon. Everyone keeps saying it will happen, but I’m not holding my breath.

1 comment: