Friday, June 15, 2012

Blog Revival - October 2011


October 2011


Life was recovering slowly and quietly then we were hit with another hurricane. My beloved grandmother died unexpectedly. At 86 you can’t believe she will live forever, but it’s still heartbreaking. She was ready to go and told me those exact words the weekend before. She was prepared and ready to go. She wanted to be with my grandfather again. She said she couldn’t go because too many people were still holding on too tight and she needed them to let her go. It wasn’t and still isn’t easy. The family parties, going to the beach house, picking up the phone to call her only to remember that she is gone is so hard. She was such a huge part of my life that is now gone. My rough and tumble little boy was so gentle and sweet with her it made you heart hurt. Seeing him breakdown when they closed her casket for the last time, was the most devastating thing to my entire family. But she is happy now. I know she is. I just miss her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment