Friday, June 15, 2012

Blog Revival - Labor Day


Labor Day Weekend 2011


This is the weekend that changed our lives forever. Chase’s biological father was murdered on Labor Day. There are many stories going around, but I know the truth. There was an argument over something, a fight started, and 2 people were stabbed several times. Chase’s dad was the most severe and died at the scene. He wasn’t very close with his parents and a lot of the planning of things and settling of things was set on my shoulders because I am his son’s mother and my son inherited everything he owned. So on top of having to explain to my 9 year old that he will never see his father again, I had to deal with a very large group of people that I worked very hard at keeping at arm’s length for years. I got away from that life for a reason, and certainly didn’t want to be shoved back into it like I was. After Chase’s grandmother came and pilfered anything worth anything from his house (the guy wasn’t even gone 24 hours) it was my job to come in and clean up the mess and make sure everything was cleaned out of his house. She trashed the whole house and left me to clean it up. Then on top of all that, she took the car that rightfully belongs to my son. The car that Chase and his father worked on together. It was their pride and joy and she took it and left the state. I have the titles to everything he owns so she can’t do much with the car, it’s just the simple point that she stole from her own grandson. Since all of this went down, we have not heard from his father’s family since Thanksgiving. I hope they forget my son even exists and he won’t have to deal with people like them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment