Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Phishing

This past weekend I went "on tour" with my husbands all time favorite band. I went to 3 shows in 3 days in 2 different cities. I have been to 2 other shows in 2 concsecutive nights but it was fall and actually pretty chilly since it was November, so all the total crazies werent out. 

My mom calls us groupies, I have heard them refered to as "Phish heads", others refer to is as "going on tour". Either way, I just experienced my first muli-city tour. It was a hell of a weekend. Wild. Wild. Wild. Wild. Saw some stuff that made me think, “WTF?????” Some stuff that made me think, “ohh, your gonna go to jail!!!” Saw some people actually go to jail. Met a hippy that was selling 195 proof strawberry and peach moonshine that tasted like strawberry flavored gasoline (trust me it did), a woman selling jello shots while actively breastfeeding, another woman selling t-shirts while actively breastfeeding. I peed in the woods more than I would prefer, I had a couple beers dumped on me and I was hugged by about a dozen random, sweaty, smelly strangers and barely wore shoes all weekend. I also let Chris’ friend cut the sleeves off my t-shirt with a ridiculously sharp knife while it was still on my body then used the sleeves as a hair band. Everyone at these shows are always happy and more than willing to help you with anything you need. These are the shows you dont dress to impress, you dont go trolling for hook-ups, you dont walk around with your ass hanging out of a shredded up denim miniskirt like country concerts I have been to. You can totally be yourself and not worry about what anyone out there thinks of you. No one threw up, got arrested, or ran out of money so I would conclude the weekend was a total success. I cant wait until Fall Tour. Now that I know what to expect when you go on tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment