Friday, May 14, 2010

A Look Into My Life




Ok, well this is my first ever blog post. I just hope this isn’t a passing thing for me. All the girls on my Nestie Board have blogs and they are all so diligent about updating them. It’s so nice to be able to keep up with everyone’s lives when I don’t have time to actually be on the board. Plus my life isn’t really that interesting to post a whole lot. So hopefully this blog doesn’t bore you, and you keep coming back. I’m hoping by keeping up with this, I will write down more things that I would normally forget walking from the bedroom to the kitchen.

My kid (The Boy) is very interesting so many of my posts will more than likely be about him. He’s such a cool kid that drives me absolutely nuts and keeps me on my toes. But we grew up together and we are still learning from each other everyday. He will be 8 next month. He loves to write short stories and is a very artsy crafty creative type kid. He’s also a jock and loves sports. He plays baseball and is really really good at it. He’s pretty versatile. He’s the artsy, jock that dresses like Tony Hawk one day and a total hick the next. He is very open minded and will try anything at least once.

My husband (Big Daddy) and I have been together for 5 years and married 2 years this past April. He is a crazy over the top sports fan that has turned me into one. If I want to spend time with him, I watch sports. I deal. I read a lot. I cook a lot, but I still get to spend my few hours a night with him. He’s like a second refrigerator in my kitchen. He’s built like one and is a permanent fixture there. So most events in our lives revolve around our kitchen. Which is great because I love my kitchen and I love to cook. We installed a nice little flat screen TV in there and it was the best idea ever.

My bulldog (The Princess because she thinks she is one) is my second child. Even if I didn’t want her to be my second child she has made herself one. She thinks she is just a normal family member that deserves to sleep on the furniture, in bed, well pretty much anywhere she damn well pleases, gets to go where ever we go every single time, should get to sit at the table when we eat and bust into any room she wants whenever she wants because she is human like the rest of us. It’s extremely humorous.

I am a therapist, valet, personal shopper, gourmet chef, short order cook, laundress, seamstress, housekeeper, landscaper, handyman, nurse, team mom, and I am also the reigning “coolest mom in the neighborhood”. After all of those things, I am a state employee for the biggest school district in the state. I love my job. I would rather not go into what I actually do for fear of crazy internet stalkers.

Well, there it is for my first blog post. It lets a little light into my life. The most I post, the crazier you will see that my family is. Hope you come back again!







1 comment:

  1. Great first post! Have fun with your blog, it's social media therapy! lol Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete